What You Can Support
As you consider a gift, please remember that any amount can have an enormous impact on caring for our seniors.
Bethesda prides itself on having an excellent record of financial stewardship and accountability, as recognized by the St. Louis office of the Better Business Bureau. We thank you in advance for your support of our mission.
As a nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization, the Bethesda Health Group Foundation is set up to direct charitable gifts to support Bethesda senior care communities, services, and programs.
Humanitarian Care (Financial Assistance)
For many seniors, depleting their retirement savings can be, at best, a constant worry or, at worst, a harsh reality. Our humanitarian care program provides financial assistance to those in need and reassures seniors and their families that, once they call Bethesda “home,” they will never need to worry about being forced to move or going without the assistance or services they deserve. It also means peace of mind that all Bethesda residents receive the same quality of compassionate care and services, regardless of their financial status.
The Bethesda Health Group Foundation helps to subsidize millions of dollars in humanitarian care provided to Bethesda residents annually.
To help ensure the availability of senior care and services for Bethesda residents for many years to come, consider supporting our endowment program, which provides continuing lasting income for the life of our organization. Endowments you may choose to support include:
- John F. Norwood Quality of Life Endowment – assists in delivering “above and beyond” resources to allow Bethesda to provide an additional level of care that seniors have come to expect. This endowed fund honors former Bethesda President and CEO John F. Norwood, and his passion for providing exceptional nursing care and nurturing lifestyles for older adults.
- John W. Rowe Humanitarian Care Fund – provides financial assistance to Bethesda residents who have exhausted their resources. This endowed fund honors former Bethesda President and CEO John W. Rowe, and his passion for perpetuating the purpose for which Bethesda was founded.
- General Endowment – provides ongoing operations under the guidance of Bethesda’s Board of Directors to maintain a financially strong organization that delivers quality care and services.
Because endowed funds grow in perpetuity, your gift has a lasting impact when you support an existing fund, or create a named fund through a gift of $50,000 or more.
Capital Improvements for Our Communities
Support for capital improvements allows Bethesda to grow and improve its properties by offering affordable senior living options with all levels of care – independent living, assisted living, memory support and skilled nursing/long-term care. You can designate your gift to any one of our communities – all offer naming opportunities when you support new construction, renovation or beautification to our communities, grounds and outdoor areas.
Senior Services and Programs
Philanthropy is key to the ability to meet the needs of thousands of older adults who are aging at an explosive rate. For the next 20 years, an average of 10,000 individuals each day will reach age 65. You can support a variety of services and programs that help foster successful aging, including:
- Senior Support Solutions (in-home care)
- Hospice Care
- Home Health Care
- Short-Stay Rehab (post-hospitalization)
To discuss available endowed, capital or program opportunities, please contact the Bethesda Health Group Foundation at 314-800-1981.