John Lennon once said, “Life is what happens while you’re busy making other plans.” Life is full of unexpected surprises both positive and less than favorable. When you or your loved one ends up in the hospital due to a sudden illness or even a planned surgery, taking the right steps to ensure safety and care are crucial in the healing process. There are certain conditions that qualify you or your loved one for a rehab stay.
Bethesda Rehab and Therapy Centers may be the right decision. While recovering after a hospital stay, Bethesda has three locations to assist you in getting back to your life you know and love: Bethesda Meadow in Ellisville, Bethesda Dilworth in Webster Groves and Bethesda Southgate in South County. We offer home-like, temporary accommodations for seniors requiring extra assistance while providing the highest quality of nursing and therapy care.
After a hospital stay, the physician may recommend additional nursing and therapy care. This is where Bethesda Rehab and Therapy Centers can assist you. We offer a multi-disciplinary team of highly experienced physicians, therapists, nurses, dieticians and social workers for all your needs.
What are some conditions that may indicate you need rehab?
- A fall resulting in an injury such as a hip fracture. Managing a hip fracture can be daunting from simply getting out of bed to getting dressed. New precautions must be taken to ensure safety.
- You are planning to have a knee or hip replacement surgery.
- You have pneumonia or another infection that requires IV antibiotics. Nurses will administer the medications for you at the allotted times.
- Managing CHF or COPD. When these conditions become exacerbated, extra assistance can be provided to get them under control.
- Wound management. Bethesda has a specialized wound nurse to assist in the healing of the wound.
- A change in your health condition from your prior level of functioning. This includes managing new medication and family education pertaining to your condition.
- A specific need that a licensed nurse or licensed therapist will provide treatment for.
Please discuss with your physician in the hospital if you or your loved one is a candidate for rehab and therapy. The previous list is only a guide to what conditions may qualify you for a skilled nursing stay in rehab and therapy. If you choose to go directly home from the hospital, be sure you know your options. If you get home and feel you cannot manage your condition, you still have 30 days to admit to one of our Rehab and Therapy Centers from home.
It’s important to know your rights. The website medicare.gov provides a lot of valuable information to prescribes. If you have any further questions, please contact Tom Miskle, Executive Director of Medicare Admissions at 314-277-9959 or by email at email@example.com.
Bethesda Rehab and Therapy Centers provides care and compassion to not only our temporary ‘guests’ but also for the family members. This can be a trying time for everyone involved. Our team cares about your team.