Moving into an independent senior living community (retirement community) is more than a change of address - it's a whole lifestyle change, one that requires trust. Likewise, the hiring of a Senior Support Solutions aide or Home Health nurse who comes into your home to provide therapy and care requires trust as well.
At Bethesda, we take these responsibilities very seriously. Your trust has allowed us to build a solid reputation, which has been validated by many third party organizations.
- The nationally esteemed Joint Commission continually has awarded its Gold Seal of Approval to each of Bethesda's skilled nursing residences, Bethesda Dilworth, Bethesda Southgate and Bethesda Meadow. The Joint Commission is dedicated to continuously improving the safety and quality of the nation's health care through voluntary accreditation after on-site reviews. Very few skilled nursing communities choose to undergo these strenuous reviews, and fewer than 20 communities in the St. Louis area (three of which are Bethesda communities) have achieved accreditation.
- For five consecutive years (and six times in the last seven years), Bethesda has been selected as one of the region's "Top 50," a designation awarded by the St. Louis Regional Chamber (formerly the RCGA). Very few not-for-profits are selected by the RCGA for this award, and no other senior care and service organizations have been selected during Bethesda inclusion.
- For the last two years, Bethesda has been a finalist in the "Large Employers" category of the "Best Places to Work" survey competition coordinated by the St. Louis Business Journal. The selection process is based on surveys completed by the employees of the participating businesses and organizations, so our selection is a tribute to the dedication of our employees.
- For two consecutive years, Bethesda has been selected to receive the "Spirit of Innovation" award from Lincoln Healthcare. We were selected for this national award as a result of our innovations in senior care technology (2012) and our ability to offer a unique pairing of a Certified Geriatric Care Manager and a Community Care Coordinator as part of our Senior Support Solutions program (2013).
- Bethesda is an active member of LeadingAge Missouri, the association of non-profit care providers. As a member, Bethesda has adopted LeadingAge Missouri's commitment to providing long-term care: a holistic approach working to meet the physical, social, psychological, emotional and spiritual needs of those we serve.